Want to be happier? Feel more fulfilled? Be more at peace? Experience less worry?
The answer is simple: be grateful.
Be grateful for what you already have, instead of worrying about what you don’t. Be grateful for the unique gifts and talents you possess. Be grateful for the loving people in your life. Be grateful for your ability to love, breathe, work. Be grateful for being alive.
Many people believe they will be happy when they acquire more, do more, or see more. Then, they will express gratitude. But no matter how much you have or don’t, how much you’ve seen or haven’t, you will never be happy if you aren’t already grateful for all that you currently have.
Don’t wait for something miraculous or life-changing to express gratitude. Express gratitude today. Awaken to even the smallest things that you can be grateful for.
Gratitude is a state of mind, but it’s also a practice. Here are 5 simple ways to practice more gratitude.
5 simple ways to practice gratitude
- Before you go to sleep, write down what you’re grateful for. If possible, keep it in a separate “gratitude” journal.
- When you wake up in the morning, meditate on what you’re grateful for.
- Thank people for even the smallest act of kindness.
- Show appreciation, through words and actions, for the people in your life that have appreciated you.
- Immerse yourself in positive quotes and stories that remind you to be grateful.
What are you grateful for?
Here are 22 Things I’m Grateful For.
If you like this article, check out 15 Things I Wish I Had Known Before About Happiness.